Friday, May 9, 2008

if i go to hell the devil will make me write sas code for eternity

sas is a statistics programming language that i've been learning under fire. i spent the last semester pretending to understand the contents of 'analysis and interpretation of freshwater fisheries data' , a book that is bigger than the webster's dictionary.
this afternoon i finally finished a sas notebook containing all of the code i wrote this semester, indexed and with explanatory notes. i bravely marched up to my advisors office to turn it in for a grade (bravely because i was also about to tell him that i am not finished with my final exam and will be handing it in on monday). i slid my enormous binder across the desk, he opened a notepad, looked at the cover, looked at me, and asked: 'what grade did you get on this?'
'uhhh...a b+', i stammered thinking about everything i left out of it. he slid the binder back across the desk, recorded my grade and that was the end of it.
i don't know how i feel about that. obviously he trusts that i gave myself a fair assessment of my effort, however, this monster deserves a little recognition. he could have at least opened the cover to note my neon index tabs that cost me five dollars!!!

2 comments:

c-record said...

congrats on getting your final done too!

Anonymous said...

i really dig the shot of those folder tabs!!!!