Friday, March 28, 2008

how many fish can i kill in one day?

i spent my day wednesday walking the watershed at cunningham lake in omaha. i carried poison on my back.
and i was not as happy about it as i look in this photo. when my backpack sprayer began to leak and the rotenone sloshed down the middle of my back, i vowed to quit my job and become a yogi. later in the day, stuck knee deep in mud on the exposed lake floor, i vowed to quit my job and become a nutritionist. i was furious. nothing is more frustrating than attempting to extract a leg from the sucking mud while the one you are balancing on is steadily disappearing farther and farther into the muck. grrr. my attitude changed somewhat when i realized how ridiculous i surely looked to any one driving by on hwy 36. even better to anyone who might have overheard my pitiful whimpers of self woe.
anyway, the entire day was not horrible. i rather enjoyed speeding along the lake floor on the four wheeler, mud flying behind me.

No comments: