Sunday, June 29, 2008

automatic update

i should probably update my profile because my catfish died, i finished my proposal, and i successfully ran the marathon.

i replaced the fish with two small carp and a bullhead. i'm not sad because i like them better. the channel cat spent all its time hiding under rocks and my new fish are much more entertaining.

the proposal is finished, but now i have to rewrite it because my graduate committee decided to change my research design and they also didn't think it was very thorough or very good, which was hard for me to hear because i usually write that sort of thing fairly well. i knew i had too many distractions while i was putting it together and wasn't doing a good job, but i was hoping no one would notice.

marathon training is over, but i am about to begin training for the bohemian alps half marathon held in september. if anyone is interested, the half is run in conjunction with a small but well reputed fifty kilometer ultra marathon! i won't be attempting that one this year. or probably ever. i think the hilly half will be enough of a challenge.

also, i've discovered that cycling may be the best cross training ever. my speed has increased and i can tackle hills so much better after riding a bike all over nebraska for a week. i'm excited for the half marathon this fall!

No comments: