Saturday, August 2, 2008

knocked up at branched oak

today was my first time ever waterskiing. if you could call it that. i was able to get up on the skis but couldn't stay there long enough to find my balance. it took me a few tries just to figure out how to get up without doing the splits or planting my face in the water. and by the time i got that down i was afraid everyone's patience was wearing a little thin, so i passed the skis on to janna who showed off her ability to move in and out of the wake and look like she was riding a bike the whole time. next time i swear i'll be even cooler than janna. katie, who makes skiing look graceful, did an impressive slalom and chad did a pretty fantastic cartwheel off the tube. i've got some lovely bruises from my stint on the skis and probably also from flying off the tube at thirty some miles an hour. thanks barb and mick for bringing out your boat, and thanks katie and stannon and janna for bringing me along!








No comments: