Tuesday, April 8, 2008

my nose was running


saturday marked my longest run, pre-marathon! 22 miles, and from here out we taper. i'm glad to have that one under my belt. i've had some knee pain that started mid-week last week, i think stemming from using the rickety treadmill at the days inn in mccook. i should have known better, but after spending 12 hours on the lake the night before, my nose was raw and sore and with the prospect of another 12 hour night on the windy ice-cold water, i couldn't bring myself to spend even one more hour outside than i had to. so, six miles on the treadmill and now a week later i still have knee pain. this photo was taken in late february during an 18 mile run. it happened to be 5 degrees that morning and windy, so it felt like negative 50. it was the only run of this training season that i haven't enjoyed. for the 22 mile run, we were wearing short shorts! and that was very nice.

No comments: